VINTAGE FARMS LIMITED, is wholly Ghanaian owned company existing under the laws of Ghana having its registered office at Nsawam near Perseverance International School, P. O. Box CT 2706 Cantonments, Accra. The company has staff strength of 20 with varied background in farming, production management, quality control, sales and work foreman. However, the company employs temporal staff up to 20 who help when there is increased work.
Vintage Farms Limited has existed since 2006 engaging in agro processing which includes processing of foods and vegetable juice, import and export of farm products.
Vintage Farms has introduced a number of fruit juice varieties including – Pineapple and ginger, Pineapple and mango, Pineapple and banana, Plain pineapple, and Pineapple cocktail. These are from the produce from a number of out growers vintage farms has developed relationship with.
These varieties have been introduced year by year to provide customers with variety and widen the customer base of the business. The object has been to attract additional revenue and sustain customer loyalty through use of variety.
At the onset, from the extensive product range, the products presented to the public in 330ml bottles and gallons to the market. Over the past 3 years, Vintage has also been exploring the export market. This has led to the introduction of canned juice which is more robust and conducive for the export market.
Over the years, the fruit juice has been accepted on the market because of its nutritious content. This has made the business achieve significant milestone in recent times and consequently exploring the export markets essentially Burkina Faso and Nigeria.
Our Special orders includes sliced canned fruits in its natural juice with varieties of Pineapple and Mango. This however is usually based on request.
The products of VFL are 100% natural with no sugar added. The products have been certified by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) of Ghana.
The market for purchase of fresh fruit is very encouraging. Among the fresh fruits, oranges are the most favorite fruits in the metropolitan area, followed by pineapple, mango, watermelon and pawpaw in that order.
“Domestic markets accounts for 95 per cent and 35 per cent of total vegetables and fruits production. Accra markets alone account for 402 million dollars per annum.”
Demand for major fruits and vegetables has increased over 50 per cent over the four years with mango being the most highly consumed fruits in Ghana and the growth has increased over 100 per cent in the last four years.
The objective of Vintage Farms has been to operate with a lean organizational structure that empowers its staff and enables them to easily adapt to changes in the environment. The structure clearly outlines reporting lines along functional areas.
- Samuel Quadjie He is the group CEO which vintage farms is a subsidiary. He is a renowned businessman with experience in various sectors including agro business. He oversees the entire operations of the businesses.
- Dominic Nani – Tome – He doubles as the General manager and the business development manager has over 10 years’ experience in Agro business.
- Daniel Katey – He is the production manager and has over 20 years of experience in the industry.
- Ebenezer Fiifi Sey – He is the financial manager of the company. He derives a lot of experience from working previously in the bank as a credit manager for 5 years.
- Eric Bediako – Is the sales manager of the company. He has eleven (11) years of experience in sales and Marketing of various products including financial services.